ISA to fill eight board seats in 2019
Illinois Soybean Association board seats representing districts 3, 4, 6, 8, 15, and 18, as well as two at-large board seats, are up for election in 2019. John Longley (District 3), Sharon Covert, (District 4), Dale Asher (District 8), Daryl Cates (District 15), Jeff Lynn (At-Large), and Lynn Rohrscheib (At-Large) will all term off from the board during ISA’s July 2019 meeting in Champaign, Illinois. Jim Martin (District 6) and Rick Rubenacker (District 18) are eligible for re-election.
- District 3: Henderson, Henry, Mercer, Rock Island, Stark, Warren, and Whiteside counties
- District 4: Bureau, Grundy, Kendall, and LaSalle counties
- District 6: Livingston, McLean, and Woodford counties
- District 8: Adams, Brown, Hancock, McDonough, and Schuyler counties
- District 15: Clinton, Madison, Monroe, and St. Clair counties
- District 18: Alexander, Franklin, Gallatin, Hamilton, Hardin, Johnson, Massac, Pope, Pulaski, Saline, Union, and Williamson counties
The ISA board is comprised of 18 district directors and 6 at-large directors. Eligibility to serve as anISA director requires candidates to be an Illinois resident of legal voting age that contributes to the soybean checkoff. In addition, if running for the district director position, the candidate must also be a resident in the district he or she seeks to represent.
Board members serve a term of three years, and are eligible to serve up to two terms. The average board member devotes approximately 30 days per year attending functions and meetings representing the organization.
The official notice for At-Large Director positions will be announced by ISA in early February while the official notice for District Director positions will be announced by the Illinois Department of Agriculture and ISA in early April. Please reach out to Paul Rasmussen, ISA Governance Committee Chairperson (email@example.com), Dustin Scott (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Claudine Wargel (email@example.com) or other ISA board members for additional information or if you know someone who may be interested in serving.