SOY AMBASSADOR LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
The Soy Ambassador Leadership Program, sponsored by the Illinois Soybean Association (ISA) checkoff and membership programs, is a one-year program that gives participants opportunities to gain leadership expertise and industry exposure. Ambassadors will discover the challenges and opportunities facing the soybean industry by attending and engaging at key soybean events.
Those chosen to participate in the 2021/2022 class of Soy Ambassadors will undergo orientation during the November/December 2021 Board Meeting in Bloomington, Illinois, and can expect the attend the following meetings/events:
- November/December 2021 - Illinois Soybean Association Board Meeting (Bloomington, IL)
- December 2021 - United Soybean Board Meeting (St. Louis, MO)
- February 2022 - Illinois Soybean Association Board Meeting and ISG Annual Meeting (Bloomington, IL)
- February 2022 - ILSoyAdvisor Soybean Summit (Central Illinois)
- March 2022 – Commodity Classic (New Orleans, LA)
- March 2022 – American Soybean Association Board Meeting & Hill Visits (Washington, D.C.)
- June 2022 – Illinois Soybean Association Board Meeting (location TBD)
- July 2022 – Illinois Soybean Association Board Meeting (location TBD)
Additional activities may include “ISA 101” calls where staff or contractors engage in a specific organizational topic, The ISA Leadership Excellence Program, and a special trip or project to be determined at a later date/time. Ambassadors will be recognized for completing the program during the November/December Illinois Soybean Association Board Meeting in 2022.
- Applicants must reside in Illinois and commit to participating in the entire length of the program.
- Applicants should have a vested interest in the soybean production industry.
- Applicants must be willing to travel.
- The Soy Ambassador class is limited to 7-10 participants.
- Participants must represent ISA in a professional manner.
- Apply online today! Applications must be received by the end of the day on Sunday, August 15, 2021.
- Interviews will be conducted with Illinois Soybean Association Board members and staff in late August as schedules permit.
Please email us for more information.