Due to Covid-19, district director elections for the Illinois Soybean Board (ISB)/Illinois Soybean Growers (ISG) will be held via absentee ballot only in 2020.
Elections are being held for the following districts:
· District 1: Jo Daviess, Stephenson, Winnebago, Boone, Carroll, Ogle, DeKalb, and Lee Counties
· District 5: Knox, Peoria, Marshall, Putnam, Fulton, and Tazewell Counties
· District 7: Ford, Iroquois, and Vermilion Counties
· District 9: Mason, Logan, Cass, Menard, Morgan, and Sangamon Counties
· District 12: Pike, Scott, Calhoun, Green, Macoupin, and Jersey Counties
· District 13: Montgomery, Bond, Fayette, and Marion Counties
If you are a resident producer in any of the counties listed above, you are entitled to a vote. “Producer” is defined as any person engaged in this state in the business of producing and marketing soybeans and who is affected by this program by virtue of having the first right of ownership in any soybeans for which payment is received at the first point of sale.
To request an absentee ballot, please call or email David Humphreys, election coordinator, at the Illinois Department of Agriculture. David can be reached at 217-524-1083 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will receive a packet containing a letter, affidavit, ballot, and postage-paid return envelope. Return ballots must be received at IDOA by July 2, 2020.