Learn more about the ways transportation issues affect Illinois soybean farmers with these resources:
- Transportation Powers Illinois Commerce. Get the facts on how soybeans move over water, roads and bridges, railways and containers in this interactive infographic.
- Illinois' Transportation Infrastructure Gaps. Illinois soybean farmers are increasing yields to help meet growing domestic and global demand. However, transporting these larger harvests to grain elevators and customers has become increasingly difficult. Read about the key issues surrounding roadways, railways, waterways and container shipping here.
- Accelerate Illinois is a coalition of citizens, organizations and businesses working together to ask Illinois lawmakers to prioritize the state’s infrastructure. Read more here.
- Coalition for Transportation Productivity is a coalition of associations and shippers dedicated to giving states the flexibility to safely confront highway issues by utilizing more productive, six-axle trucks on Interstate highways within their borders. Read more here.
- Soy Transportation Coalition is comprised of thirteen state soybean boards, the American Soybean Association and the United Soybean Board, with the goal of supporting a transportation system that delivers cost effective, reliable and competitive service. STC also offers a calculator to help farmers determine where to sell their soybeans. Read more here.
Are you a Soybean Farmer?
Find out how your operation could be impacted by an aging infrastructure and what you can do to help. Visit VoiceforSoy.org.