Are You a Livestock Producer Looking to Establish or Expand Your Operation?
ISA works hard on your behalf to make it easier for you to do business in our state by:
- Attending county hearings in support of livestock permits and siting requests
- Funding extensive research on the economic value and other benefits of animal agriculture
- Assigning representatives to attend group presentations for the purpose of sharing information about the local value of livestock production
- Supporting activities to increase meat and poultry demand locally, nationally and globally
For more information regarding specific species or agricultural industry questions, please contact our association parters.
- Illinois Department of Agriculture, Livestock Programs
- Illinois Livestock Development Group
- Illinois Pork Producers Association
- Illinois Beef Association
- Illinois Milk Producers’ Association
- Illinois Farm Bureau
- Illinois Corn Growers Association
If you have a specific regulatory question or need to address, the Illinois Livestock Development Group (ILDG) is a good place to go for information and support. Established by ISA and other Illinois farm organizations, ILDG strives to boost farm incomes and aims to provide resources and assistance to farm families, farmers and consumers. In addition to answering your questions, they assist with:
- Guiding you through the siting, application and hearing processes for both agricultural and environmental issues, including any applicable EPA requirements.
- Reaching out to other livestock groups and associations that can help with your approvals.
- Providing helpful resources and reference material to walk you through all the procedures.